In fact, quite the opposite!
You can make tons of substitutions like greek yogurt for cream cheese and hardly notice the difference!
Take for instance this recipe for buffalo chicken tacos that I was inspired by through my Advocare family. I seriously love me some buffalo chicken tenders, wraps, sauce, dip ...basically anything buffalo-ey (though not in the literal sense because that is something different entirely!).
These buffalo chicken tacos seriously rocked my world and my farmer hubby and kiddos liked 'em too which is a major WIN!
If you love buffalo chicken but want to try a recipe with a bit lower calorie and carb offering then give this one a whirl! You won't be disappointed!
6 whole-wheat 8-inch tortillas
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced (or cook and shred)
1 cup Greek yogurt
½ tbsp coconut oil
½ tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
¼ cup cayenne pepper sauce
2 large carrots, shredded
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded3 oz blue cheese dressing
|Eating up those veggies!|
1. Preheat large skillet on medium-high heat, add coconut oil and swirl to coat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
2. Cook for about 10-14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chicken should be golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
4. In a small bowl, combine and stir in yogurt, cayenne pepper sauce, blue cheese dressing, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
5. Pour sauce over chicken in the skillet. Stir for another 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust spiciness (ie add more cayenne pepper sauce) to preference.
6. Place tortillas on a microwave-safe dish, cover with damp towel, and microwave for about 10 seconds.
7. To serve up, place desired amount of lettuce, carrots and chicken on each tortilla. Drizzle with more blue cheese sauce and enjoy!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD