Beat the Heat and Look Smokin' Hot For Less!
It's hot, humid and muggy outside, but let that not keep us from looking and staying fabulous this summer! Mother Nature ain't got nothing on a fabulous chicka! So what's the secret to looking "hot" (while being hot!) this summer without the sweat dripping from your temples forcing all that purdy makeup down the side of your face!
And if you're a glamour girl or just want to generate some ooos and ahhs when you step out on the town with that special someone ... I've also got a gorgeous smoky-eyed evening look below that I seriously LOVE!
By the way ... please stay tuned this week - because I will be unveiling some fabulous deals and a giveaway on Friday ... yay rah!!
The Summertime Sweetheart
- Don't forget to cleanse and moisturize first! Of course, my recommendation is the 3-in-1 Timewise Cleanser and Moisturizer. See my previous post, "Butt Blasting Cardio and Skin Miracles" for tips on keep that skin of yours fresh, smooth and wrinkle-free this summer!
- Foundation - For buildable coverage which is great in the warm months - choose a weightless, skin-perfecting powder foundation such as the Mary Kay Mineral Foundation - $18!
- Cheek Color - for a natural, cheeky summer glow I love the new Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom - $10!
- Eye Color - Eyesicles in Island Bronze is so quick and easy for a light dash of color on your eyes that only takes seconds to apply with your fingertip - $10!
- Waterproof mascara is excellent for the summer just in case you decide to take a dip in the pool - this stuff won't smudge a bit - $10!
- Lip Color - I love just a little bit of color that also helps your lips feel smooth and moisturized with the Nourishine Lip Gloss in Bronze Bliss - $13!
- Foundation - Mary Kay Mineral Foundation!
- Cheek Color - for more of an evening look try a deeper berry blush such as Cherry Blossom - $10!
Eye Color - For a highlighting shade just below your brow and at the inner corner of your eye try something light and bright like White Lily. For your mid-tone to use from your eyelashes to just above your crease try Lavender Fog. And for the accent color (brush in a V shape from the outer corner of your eye just above the lash line and the crease of your eye) try something to top off that smoky look like our new Black Pearl color! Top it all off with black eyeliner and our gorgeous lash-bodifying Ultimate Mascara in black, of course!
Don't forget those lips before you head out on the town! If you go smoky on the eyes - downplay the lips a little bit and go with a neutral color. I love our new Icy Peach! It even sounds yummy!!
Wanna play with color (and even hairstyles and hair color) on your own without paying the price or fighting traffic at the mall?! Try an online Virutal Makeover (you can use a lovely model, as seen above or import your own photo!). Have fun, find some air-conditioning and be fab even when its 95 degrees. Take that Mother Nature! :)