With everything else going on, I somehow took forgranted the swelling of my poor hands due to this pregnancy. I've always had bony little fingers and could slide my rings on and off freely - until one unfortunate morning! First - I tried soap and water - and no go - definitely no go! I got the rings close to the little knuckle and my finger started turning red. Ouch!! So I used my circle of friends on Facebook to collect ideas and put 'em to work that evening!
One, Two ... Three ... Success At Last!!
1. I made a bucket of icy water and held my poor swollen hand in the water for 10 minutes.
2. Then I held my hand up in the air for another 10 minutes.
3. Because I had received (Facebook) suggestions for both - I took a combination of Dawn dish soap and Olive Oil and lathered my poor, cold swollen hand up!
4. I wrapped my finger in saran wrap to get a better grip on my rings.
5. I slowly and painfully started twisting the rings toward freedom. Once I got the rings halfway off I found them stuck on my little knuckle. By this point, my finger was turning a shade of beet red, light purple. I knew at this point if I didn't get the rings off soon - I may lose the use of my entire ring finger.
6. So painfully, I keep twisting (and praying!!) and eventually wiggled my wedding rings off my poor, cold, soapy, oily, swollen finger.
7. VICTORY, at last!!
8. FYI - next time, check my rings a little earlier before it's gets to the point of no return!
I had no idea they were digging into my finger as bad as they were.
The rescued rings