Random Wednesday Thoughts from a Hoosier Farm Babe!
It's Wednesday, Hump Day, also officially 37 weeks in my pregnancy - so how about just some random thoughts for the day!
1. This is the summer where the folks of science should really be pushing the theory of global warming! I can't remember a summer hotter than this in a long time! Today, the heat index read 100 degrees at our Hoosier house!
2. I cannot wait for the fall primetime television season to arrive. Mondays my DVR will be working "hard for the money" between Gossip Girl, Dancing With the Stars and Two and a Half Men!
3. I am a big fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette series on ABC. However, I have recently become pretty disgusted with the Jake Pavelka/Vienna Girardi season. I'm taking Vienna's side in this situation. What kind of normal man holds out sex from the woman he loves unless he has issues? I'm just sayin' ... and I'll leave it at that!
4. I think my horse (Roxy Girl) is getting depressed because I haven't ridden her in so long - she looks like she's outside moping around all day!
5. I wish people would drive with just a little more caution (esp on the interstate) - I feel like people don't take driving as seriously as it should be. It's dangerous out there! By the way - don't text and drive, please!
6. One of our young hired hands has a couple pigs entered in a local county fair 4-H show - I'm excited to see how they do. By the way, we don't raise "show" pigs - ours are just good ole white commercial pigs - meaning they are raised for the best lean carcass (to make bacon, ham, sausage, pork loin, etc. - yum!) instead of show pigs which are raised for genetic traits that are more superior in a show environment. Not my area of expertise (I'm learnin' tho). I grew up (and still do) raising registered Jersey dairy cattle ... err the little brown cows with the big brown eyes! :)
7. Our county fair starts this weekend and I can't wait to get my hands on some greasy fair food and a chocolate milkshake from the Indiana Farm Bureau stand!
8. Did I mention it's hot outside! Sorry - it's one worth mentioning twice!
9. Ice Cream has recently infused itself into my daily diet - hey anyway I can support our local dairy farmers is fine by me! A particular favorite of mine has been Vanilla Fudge Drumsticks!
10. It's crazy to think Big D and I will be parents in just single digit weeks at this point. Exciting and scary at the same time! Yay or yikes!?
How about one more for good measure ... hehehe...
11. I cannot leave the house without black mascara and a little color on my cheeks, EVER! I seriously heart Mary Kay cosmetics!