TOP 10 of 2010!
Holy smoke ... it's really 2011. 2010 was a great year - 2011 has a lot to live up to. So what makes 2010 such a great year for this Hoosier Farm Babe ... I thought I'd run through a quick Top 10 list. Number one was a no-brainer.
1. The birth of our daughter - Reagan Raye - who I will now refer to in my blog as RayRay. It's true what they say, when you have a child, you will wonder what you ever did before she became a part of your life. I never thought I could LOVE anything more than I love Big D. I was wrong. RayRay is the angel in my heart, the light in my day, my little munchkin who can do no wrong and one of the greatest loves of my life. We. Are. Blessed.
2. Celebrating 5 years of wedded bliss with Big D in October. I married my sweetheart Oct. 15, 2005. Seriously, one of the best days of my life, EVER. Looking forward to more of forever with Big D in 2011. Click here to read our love story.
3. Big D and I's babymoon to Vegas in March. One last vacation pre-baby. He took me to see Cirque Du Soleil Viva Elvis. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!
4. Reagan's baptism and becoming members of Cross of Grace Lutheran Church. It's a new beginning in our lives and I'm looking forward to strengthening my relationship with THE big guy in the sky and making new friends for life at Cross of Grace.
5. Starting my blog in April - Hoosier Farm Babe Tell Tails. I was invited to an intro to blogging workshop and I have to admit I was skeptical at first. I didn't have time and what on earth do I have to write about. Well thanks to Cris at Goodeness Gracious and Leah at Beyer Beware - I am a convert. Thanks ladies - you've inspired me! I think I may be only slightly addicted to blogging now!
6. Becoming a Real Farmwife of America. I am part of a group of women blogging about life on the farm and all the dirt in between as The Real Farmwives of America. (Here is my first post!) The Real Housewives of Atlanta, New Jersey, Beverly Hills got nothing on us!! Check out this group of amazing women in agriculture and look for our future posts in 2011!
7. Baby's First Christmas and our first Christmas as a family of three. Lots of great memories and this momma dusted off her video camera and caught it all on film of course!
8. It was the year of the girl on our farm! I own 10 Jersey dairy cows and out of the 10 I had 8 sweet little baby heifers (females). When you're in the dairy business - bulls aren't worth much, but heifers now that's what you hope for. So I basically doubled my herd. YAY! Look for some of these sweet little heifers to hit the show circuit in the summer of 2011!
9. Being a part of Liz @ Two Maids a Milking New Year's wedding to her love - Russ! It was an honor to be a part of their big day and we had a great time!! Myself, Liz and our friend Meag were known as the Boiler Babes in college (at Purdue). This is the second of the Boiler Babes to tie the knot. I was the first. Liz was the second. Meag?? 2011??
10. Despite a volatile economy, low hog prices, high feed costs - Big D and I are still farming. It's not easy to be a young farmer and we made it through 2010 and in this economy that is an accomplishment.
So 2011, I'm excited to see what you've got in store for us! My prediction - it's going to be a another GREAT year for this bloggy mom!