Well, you're in luck, because I just so happened to have a few pics of the "new" house from the "dream farm."
Now you're probably wondering (as it's the No. 2 most-asked question I get (after the No. 1 "How are you?") "When are you guys going to move to the new house?"
Well the answer is "I don't know." We still really don't know what we want to do. The house needs remodeled, especially as the upstairs is locked in time from 1940. We've also thought about adding on to our current house. Simply ... we just don't know what we want to do yet.
There are certainly advantages to staying where we are.
1. We love our little house.
2. We're close to the in-laws - just next-door in fact.
3. We're close to Indianapolis (and in general ... civilization).
4. We remodeled our current house about 4 years ago and it's just how we want it.
5. All of our friends, doctor, dentist and much of our business is done near where we live.
6. Big D's family is well-known in our community. If we moved, we would be the new kids in the town. So we might as well be moving to another country!
But there are advantages to the new house too.
1. It's MUCH, much bigger!
2. It has a two-car garage (currently we don't have a garage, basement or attic!)
3. There is a barn for my cattle and horse.
4. It's in the country away from the city (about 35-40 minutes from Indy) and void of all the traffic.
5. The house has alot of potential. Especially when you think in terms of remodeling - bigger kitchen, two baths, bigger laundry room, more bedrooms, gorgeous staircase.
6. And obviously, we would be at the heart of our business living on the farm where we raise the majority of our pigs.
7. And it's 5 about minutes from where I work. Very close!
We're not in any hurry ... we may think about doing something different in a year or two. It's fun to think about no matter what we decide to do!
So let's start the tour, shall we? Follow me, please as we step inside ...
|The enclosed porch with yes, a hot tub.|
|Porch. Would think about enclosing part of this area and making it Big D's farm office.|
|Parlor or sitting room. Or if you're name is Ray Ray ... play room!|
|Small room. New laundry/storage room, maybe?|
|Staircase. Come upstairs as we walk back in time.|
|Upstairs bathroom and RayRay! Love that claw foot tub!|
|Unfinished upstairs room or future guest bedroom?|
|Close-up of trim|