Top Five Reasons to Visit Vegas
When I tell people that my hubby and I love traveling to Las Vegas, I get a few looks that we might be closet gamblers.
We farm, so that is enough of a gamble in itself. Sigh ...
But we do love Vegas. And every time we come home from a trip I feel the need to act as a Las Vegas travel ambassador pro bono.
So let's get to our top five reasons that you should plan your next weekend getaway, girls trip, guys trip, babymoon, honeymoon, or just because moon!!
1. World Class Restaurants - Do you like steak? Yes - best in class. Do you like Italian? Yes - best in class. Do you like buffets? - Yes best in class! The food and the options are endless and honestly it's unlike any other city I've ever been to. And there are plenty of options for every budget - which is a bonus. To be honest, my hubby and I tend to mush meals in Vegas - a late breakfast and early dinner with dessert of course!
|Dessert at The Henry at the Cosmopolitan. I think I would go back to Vegas for just this dessert. It was that amazing!|
2. Shows and Concerts - What started out as the Rat Pack in the early days of old Vegas has grown into countless legendary performers every night of the week (Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Mariah Carey, Elton John, Wayne Newton and the list goes on) and your choice of Cirque du Soleil shows which I would describe as circus and vaudeville to a whole new level. Again options for every size budget and there are always plenty of Discount Ticket wagons along the strip too for the deal seekers!
|Britney Spears! Wow! What a show!|
3. Hotels & Shopping - Everything in Vegas is walking distance. Seriously, you will get in 20K to 30K steps a day easy. In addition to a casino, just about every hotel on the strip has a shopping center or mall in extreme close proximity. For once it's nice not to have to get in a car to go out to dinner or to go shopping. The hotel we stayed in most recently had 21 restaurants to chose from and the Miracle Miles shopping center across the street has 200 stores!! And there are so many beautiful hotels in Vegas - it's fun to walk through them to see how different and beautifully unique each of them are. And again, hotel options for every budget. You can literally stay first-class on a Holiday Inn-budget. LOVE IT! We have stayed at the Hilton Flamingo, Harrah's, MGM, Treasure Island and the Cosmopolitan.
Out of all the previously mentioned hotels, we loved Treasure Island the most - it is very centrally located on the strip, features tons of great restaurants, home to Gilley's western dancehall and our room was wall to wall glass with a gorgeous view of the strip! The Cosmopolitan as seen below was not too shabby either!
|Bellagio lobby celebrating the Year of the Monkey|
4. Attractions - If you need a break from the Las Vegas strip there are lots of other fun things to do. Head to downtown (old) Las Vegas for the Fremont Street Experience, a unique light show with a zipline down the center. Also, the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon are within easy driving distance. And if you don't have a car, your concierge can hook you up with a package deal.
5. People Watching - I will readily admit I do love to people watch. Vegas people watching is the best free entertainment I can think of. From showgirls in feathers to your classic tourist with binoculars you've got em all in Vegas.It takes all kinds to make the world go round and I swear there are ALL kinds in Vegas!
I hope you enjoyed my top five reasons to visit Las Vegas. And if you're looking for Vegas travel advice - look no further - I'm your girl. Vegas is awesomeness and you DON'T HAVE TO GAMBLE to have a great time!